Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wow I can't belive I haven't been posting.

Hey everyone. I wonder if anyone even comes here anymore. Oh well I had to make a post because I think I actual figured out what causes my psoriasis.

Before I get to that I will mention that from the last time I posted my psoriasis has come back. I one point I was completeley cleared and literally had no signs of psoriasis. I quit smoking, was juicing 2-3 times a day, exercising, and just trying to live a normal healthy life. within 2-3 month my psoriasis had completely vanished. I had never been happier in my life. Since then I have started smoking again, I don't exercise at all, and I eat some pretty unhealthy stuff and guess what my psoriasis has now come back. Definately not as bad as before but more than I would like.

So now I want to get rid of it again and I'm pretty sure I know what it is. INFECTION. That's right, and specifically for me tooth infection. I know this because my psoriasis has been getting really bad. One day I had the most painful toothache and had to get an emergency root canal. The tooth was highly infected and needed treatment. About a week after the procedure I noticed my psoriasis fading away like it did the first time. I started putting 2 and 2 together and it all makes sense now.

The first time I got rid of psoriasis I first went to the dentist and I had a tooth extracted because it was highly infected and I didn't know it because I had in previous years had a root canal done on it so there was no pain even if there was an infection. At the same time I became a vegan, started exercising and juicing, and stopped smoking. So at that point when things started clearing up I attributed it to the healthy lifestyle changes. I now know that the cause of my psoriasis is from underlying infections and that becoming vegan, quiting smoking, and juicing sped the process up greatly.

I still think living a healthy lifestyle is key because as my finacee once told me, "there is no way psoriasis can live on a healthy body". Makes sense right.

So my reccomndations if you have psoriasis and are like me and refuse to use drugs that are terrible for your body, are:

Get a serious and thourough exam from a holistic dentist. Tell them your concerned that there might be infections in your teeth, gums, jaw etc that could be causing your psoriasis. They usuauly have a test that can examine each tooth and tell you how it is affected your overall health.

Second start living healthier. Just do it. Its a pain to start but once your entire body is healthy a rid of psoriasis you will never regret it.

17 comments:

  1. interesting thought.... have you talked with anyone else who has tried treatment for a mouth infection??? What treatment did the dentist do that seemed to help the psoriasis? Was it a certain antibiotic?
    My son has psoriasis--- when he was younger he had a gum infection. Wonder if the two are related and if an antibiotic of some sorts would help him??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sharing & congrats on your recovery Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, are you on the healthy diet now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound a lot like me ( i have had guttate psoriasis for the last 5 years and similarly try to live healthily but end up sliping back to old habits!). I had some issues with wisdom teeth when my psoriasis started and i just remember being throughly fed up thst 'everything was being thrown at me at once' - i didn't put the two together as cause and effect either, but it makes sense. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting story, and let me tell you I never heard from anyone psoriasis it's caused by Tooth Infections.
    Now, the thing is and what is probably happen it's your tooth infection trigger your psoriasis and when you done your tooth and start living healthier you speed your recovery. There id Different Types of Psoriasis, and most of those 5 psoriasis have different triggers, for some those are tooth infection and for some it's stress etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have pustular psoriasis and have been on a ridiculous number of different treatments over the past few years. I'm intrigued as although it wasn't a tooth infection for me, my psoriasis started just after an accident where a wound on my arm got infected.... im wondering if theere could be a connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis after a really really bad strep throat infection. My doctor had never seen it and first thought maybe it was a strep rash?? But it didn't match. Went to dermatologist and explained recent history. He said my strep was so bad and immune system depleted that the psoriasis gene I've always had but never had any signs of just went haywire. Never had it as bad as the first time but I do have other autoimmune disorder and have constant flares....even if just a few pustules on each hand. Very aggravating.

      Delete
  7. thanks for this information tom..now i call my Dentist for schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How's your P? Have you cleared now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has anyone experienced hair loss with scalp psoriasis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is an OLD post, but if you happen to see this, I'm going through NASTY hair loss from psoriasis. It flared when I broke my nose and had my ex slap me with a custody battle all in the same week. I had long (to my waist) thick lovely wavy hair. I had to cut 16 inches off bc the hair loss made it look terrible. So I know what that is like!

      Delete
  10. I've had plaque Psoriasis for over 10 years and coverage has ranged from 10 to 40% coverage. 5 years ago I was put on Enbrel which reduced it back to near the 10% coverage level but I was unable to see any more progress on the once a week shot program. About two months ago I quit Enbrel without any drastic result in terms of flare ups. Last week I had 3 teeth removed including a wisdom tooth and was informed the entire area was infected including the sinus cavity. I was put on a 10 day course of antibiotics. Now whether it is the death of the infection or a secondary benefit from the antibiotic I do not know but my coverage has dropped well below 5% and some areas that have never been clear now sport clean healthy skin. Wow! I just pray it doesn't re-flare again. This is wonderful. I can't speculate beyond reporting what I experienced, but it would seem there is a strong possiblility there is a correlation between removing the teeth and the antibiotic treatment of the infection that triggered this positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its the other way around, i believe my teeth have gone bad because of the gutate psoriasis i have. it is in my gums now and is distroying my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    My name is Laurent and I'm french.
    In 2005, I had been a problem of skin and it was very bad !
    I found a natural treatment and his name is : Aloe Vera

    Had you try this plant ?

    I drunk a lot of aloe vera juice more than 90 ml per day

    May be, this plant will help you too !

    See you

    Take care

    Laurent, the french guy

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello i want to used this opportunity to thank a great doctor doctor olta oltaspellcaster@live.com who helped me to cured my psoriasis i was directed by a friend who received healing from him also. i almost lose hope in life when my friend told me about this great doctor who has healed many people from this sickness, i thought it will require many things but by the special grace of God every thing was simple, now i am healed from psoriasis, i am now a normal human with out sickness. please my brothers and sisters if you are facing same problem please remember to contact doctor olta oltaspellcaster@live.com for your own healing, contact him now via email: oltaspellcaster@live.com or call +2347068897198

    love you all
    wish the best

    best regards

    ReplyDelete


  14. I am Alfred Leonard from united state of America, I was diagnosed of ALS
    (Lou Gherigs Disease) in 2014, the doctor told me there is no permanent
    cure for the disease, i was given medication to slow down the progress of
    the disease, at the initial stage it was not so bad till it progressed to
    the end middle stage were i had difficulties going about my daily functions
    as i constantly felt weakness in my legs, ankles and feet, i was totally
    devastated till my daughter’s co-worker told us about a herbal doctor from
    west Africa who have herbal medicines for all kind of diseases including
    ALS, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me two
    bottles of ALS herbal medicine through courier service, when i received
    this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it,
    when i applied it as instructed, i was cured of the disease within 20-24
    days of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor via his email:
    dr.trustherbahome@gmail.com or call or text +2349076019588 or whats-app
    via+2348153292656

    ReplyDelete