Sunday, July 12, 2009

Feeling Good this Sunday Morning

Wow! I see a few people have already read the blog, that is amazing! Tommy and I took some pictures last night that we will post today. I would do it myself, but it is a new camera and I have no idea how to use it (Tommy is currently golfing)! Looking at these pictures compared to the pictures posted, it may be difficult for some to see improvement. It is important to note, that at the time of the previous pics tommy was taking a lot of baths. This stopped the plaques from developing. Tommy has since discontinued the baths, as they caused a great deal of irritation and he no longer has the tormenting itch that he once had. Now his shins have substantial areas of plaque, so that may appear to be worse to some. But let me say, the plaques have gotten thin and weak, especially on the thighs. The arms are awesome and his face is basically cleared. If people are really interested in exactly what we have done, I can type it up and post it. It may be time consuming, so I will do it only if someone wants it. And don't worry, I ask for nothing in return for the info. I LOVE to share it with anyone who will listen. I can see my friends' eyes roll back in their heads the more I talk about Psoriasis and nutrition, so anyone who will listen I am happy to tell!!! It makes me sad how skeptical some are of people lending information on Psoriasis treatment. I hate how people exploit this disease, as they know how hopeless it can really feel. Since we began this journey I have felt this huge desire to provide relief to people with this disease. So many think it is a little skin issue, and it drives me crazy! This is serious, and it inhibits quality of life, which to me is unacceptable. Hang in there everyone. If we can see improvement, you can see improvement. We are all different, I know. But we are surprisingly similar as well. I may be an idealist, but I think you have to be in order to make it through this disease. If I listened to every naysayer and disapproving medical professional I came across I would have given up long ago. So happy we didn't and neither should you! Wow this has turned out to be a pretty sappy post...so I will stop. But one last kernel of hope. Tommy has been golfing all summer in long sleeved shirts, a real source if shame for him as you can imagine. Today and yesterday he went in short sleeves, something just two weeks ago he would have never considered. That was a true milestone! Hang in there everyone we will post pics tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Cheering you on Tommy! and you are damn lucky to have someone like Molly by your side and help you with this. I been batteling psoriasis for 17 years now and it's tough to do it alone. I agree on your new approach on the juicing and change for a raw/vegan diet. I started back around May (75% covered) and I am already wearing short sleeve t-shirt this past weekend. I am not all cleared yet even my doctor is amazed of my progress without any drugs.

    Good luck and Keep it up!

    FOOFOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello molly,
    my father had recently developed something that the doctors say is psoriasis but skin biopsy says its not psoriasis. is there anything you know about any confusing symptoms and what diets might be helpful? please email me at :sabiinashrestha@gmail.com with any information you have. i would really really appreciate it .
    thankyou
    -sabina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they tell you what it may be if not psoriasis? That is hard, but it may be a good thing, as psoriasis is very difficult to treat. A good rule of thumb for all people healing through diet is juicing (veggies and fruit), increase your intake of fruits and veggies (raw, organic). Cut out all processed foods (sugars especially). Eliminate gluten, meat and dairy. Thats what we did and it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stumbled on your blog and congrats to both first off on your engagement and success in clearing the p. my question is about the supplements and how much did you take each day of the omega 3, milk thistle, vitamin d and colustrum. many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi molly i would like to know the recipes you had always preparing for tommy. i would love to read everything from u guys how you undergo this thing. i really wanted to do this cleansin now too. please help me. thanks

    ReplyDelete